- Used by cells to synthesize proteins.
- non-essential amino acid with a polar side group.
- Functions as a receiver of phosphate groups that are transferred by way of protein kinases
- Plays an important role in photosynthesis,and acts as an electron donor in the reduction of oxidized chlorophyll.
Synonym:Ã¥ÃŠ(S)-2-Amino-3-(4-hydroxyphenyl)propionic acid, 3-(4-Hydroxyphenyl)-L-alanine
- USP Grade
- Optical Rotation : -11.3Ã¥Â¡ to -12.3Ã¥Â¡ (c = 5 in 1N HCl)
- Density :Ã¥ÃŠ1.34 g/cm3
- HS Code :Ã¥ÃŠ29225000
- Melting Point:Ã¥ÃŠ>300 Ã¥Â¡C (dec.)(lit.)
- RTECS Number:Ã¥ÃŠYP2275600