- A white granular monosaccharide.
- Obtained by enzymatic hydrolysis of starch to dextrose and subsequent purification and crystallization from solution.
- Sweet in taste.
- Biotechnology Grade
- Specific rotation: +53.6 to +53.2º
- Insolubles: <0.0005%
- Residue after Ignition: <0.02%
- Chloride: <0.01%
- Sulfate and Sulfite: <0.005%
- Heavy Metals (as Pb): <0.0005%
- Iron: <0.0005%
- Moisture (105ºC): 8-9%
- RNase and DNase, Protease activity: None detected
- Appearance: Solid
- Boiling Point : 410.8 ºC
- IUPAC_Name: (2s,3r,4r,5s,6r)-6-(Hydroxymethyl)Oxane-2,3,4,5-Tetrol Hydrate
- Melting Point: 83 ºC