MES Buffered Saline Packs
MES Buffered Saline Packs are pouches of dry-blended powder that are each sufficient to make 500mL of optimized amine-free and carboxyl-free buffer for carbodiimide (EDC) crosslinking and conjugation reactions.
Dry-Blend Packs of MES buffered saline are easy to use. Simply empty contents of one foil envelope pack into a beaker, add ultrapure water and stir to dissolve. The packs eliminate weighing time and tedious pH adjustments. When dissolved in 500mL of water, each pack makes 0.1M MES, 0.9% sodium chloride, pH 4.7. MES is 2-(N-morpholino)ethanesulfonic acid.
• MES buffer - dissolved in 500mL of water, each pack makes 0.1M MES, 0.9% sodium chloride, pH 4.7
• Convenient - dissolve contents of one envelope in water and the buffer is ready to use
• Save time and trouble - no weighing, no pH adjustment, no need to stock individual components, and no need to make and store large volumes of stock solution in advance of daily needs
• Long shelf life - stocking and storage as dry packs eliminates concerns about long-term stability of stock solutions
• Eliminate variables - our quality control ensures that every pack will yield the same, consistent buffer
Carboxyl-to-amine crosslinking procedures using carbodiimide crosslinker EDC.
Formulation: Dissolved equals 0.1M MES, 0.9% NaCl, pH 4.7
Sufficient For: Preparing 500mL of 1X buffer with each pack (5L total)
- Appearance: Solid
- Melting Point: >300 ºC (lit.)(dec.)
- PH Value: 5.5 - 6.7
- RTECS Number: QE3479500